German Health Insurance
Germany was the first country in Europe where the insurance medicine appeared. The first law on compulsory health insurance of the population came into force in 1883. Today, no more than 0.3% of the German citizens do not have the health insurance.
Most of the population has the state insurance. They pay insurance fees which are calculated on the basis of a number of indicators. It is not only a range of medical services chosen by a person but also the state of health, age, gender, etc. The employer usually takes a part of the health insurance cost.
Some services are not covered by insurance companies. These are fitness, plastic surgery, alternative medicine, etc. A person can pay for these services by himself.
Hospitals in Germany
In Germany, there is a huge number of good clinics, private and state ones, university and academic hospitals. Some medical institutions are general hospitals, while the others focus on treatment of certain groups of diseases (for example, orthopedic, neurological, ophthalmologic pathologies).
The choice of hospitals is really wide. Different hospitals specialize in different medical fields. For example, it is better to receive a treatment of cancer at the University hospitals of Bonn and Charité, Asklepios Academic City Hospital Bad Wildungen. If you need to solve the problems connected with neurological diseases, you should contact the Goethe University Hospital in Frankfurt am Main, University Hospital Tuebingen, or the University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
If you have difficulties in choosing the hospital, then specialists of Booking Health will help you. We have statistics on various medical facilities which reflects their success in the treatment of certain groups of diseases. We will select the best hospitals for you according to the annual qualification profile.
Cost of treatment in Germany
The treatment abroad, in developed countries, always has high quality. It allows a patient to alleviate the symptoms quickly or eliminate the cause of the disease. At the same time, prices for medical services in Germany are higher than in most other European countries. Here are the approximate costs for various procedures:
- robotic assisted prostatectomy in prostate cancer – 11,000 €;
- phacoemulsification in cataract with the implantation of intraocular lens – 5,000 €;
- liposuction – 8,000 €;
- microsurgical removal of the acoustic neuroma – 14,000 €;
- stent implantation in coronary vessels for the treatment of ischemic heart disease – 8,000 €.
If you want to receive medical treatment in Germany, the company Booking Health is ready to arrange this trip for you. We will select the best hospital for you according to your diagnosis or symptoms. The benefits which you will get thanks to the company Booking Health include:
- Establishing communication directly with your doctor.
- Preparation of treatment and check-up program without repeating previous diagnostic procedures.
- Favorable costs, without overpricing for foreign patients.
- Help in buying and forwarding medicines.
- You can receive treatment at the convenient time.
- Independent monitoring the treatment program by our doctors.
- If necessary, we will provide communication